Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Coolest Clock Ever

Friends, can I just tell you I have found THE world's coolest clock? I was in my colleague's classroom the other day and as the clock struck the hour, I heard a little bird song.  My eyes darted around the room looking for the source. What?!--A bird song clock??  Yes, she shared, this clock chimed every hour on the hour with the genuine song of a different bird.  I was awestruck! Made a mental note.

Later that night, I looked up "bird song clock" and to my surprise, a very popular retailer had them.  I ordered one online, and ours came today!! I am planning to write numbers on the outside of the dial, and as my very musical children and I learn about the different birds, we will be quietly reinforcing another skill:  familiarity with the positions of the clock numbers.  I predict that this clock will put my 3- and 5-year-old on a natural fast track to understanding analog time-telling.  What a brilliant concept, really, this idea of attaching information to the hour spots! I wish I'd had something like that to anchor my learning when learning to tell time!

I'll plan to check back in to report how my kids respond to the clock. But just wanted to share...in case anyone is interested... :-)

Yours in the adventure,

0 comments:

Post a Comment